Thursday, February 11, 2010

A little bit about my past!

We can be so gullible at times it's unbelievable. Before I came to Christ, I had lived a reckless life. I came to the States to go to school and make something out of myself, at least that why my parents sent me. I was good up till when I got to college that's when all hell broke loose. I started partying like it was going out of style. I was in the clubs from thursdays to sundays for 10 years I did this. Towards the end, I got really tired and I wanted to quit because it dawned on me that I was in a vicious cycle, doing the same thing week after week and there were no improvements in my life but I couldn't do it on my own. It was such a struggle I tell you and there was no one I could talk to about this. I was the life of the party lol and because I had friends from the Caribbeans lol I was like a Jamaican-African-American girl which means I could dance with the best of them and even outdance them but at the end I would go home to my room back to my loneliness, the lights were out and it was just me and myself and solitude. I tell you it was rough. I tried to drown it out, I tried to fake it and make myself feel and think that I was ok and that my life was not empty but at the end, I could not escape it. My dad used to force us to go to church every sunday back home and so I grew up in the church even though I was still a child then. I went to a church here and there in my adult life but church life was really not for me. I was truly rebelling and letting go of the angst I had built up instead of me for years. That was the time when God decided that I was ready for Him and so He came out of the shadows. I was feeling more and more guilty for the things that I was doing. I was going out with one guy at the time but when I will be having an issue with him, I would go back to my ex and so I was doing this back and forth thing between the two of them, nasty right? But that was what I had done with my life. I would go clubbing on Saturday night, will be in church on Sunday morning, I would cry my eyes out asking God for forgiveness and will be back in the club on Sunday night, sounds familiar?
This went on and on until the day when I got tired and I just said Lord, I am tired. I am really tired of battling this on my own, please help me! Do you know that He just did? He stepped Him and took care of business, as soon as I let go. He was waiting for me to get tired lol this God! So now I am with Him. I love Him, He loves me. He's everything for me. I am a very weird person because of where I came from. I love the Lord so much that people who don't understand can't comprehend me. That is just fine with me, I am not looking for anyone to get me, as long as I get Him I m fine. I thought I had friends but in my hard times, I realized that I had no one. I mean nobody. He was the One who stepped in and helped me out. I am so grateful to Him, i don't want to hurt Him, I don't want to grieve Him, I don't want Him to ever leave me. I know He won't but I have to work on myself so I will not walk away again. It's so lonely without Him.
So here is the summary of it all, there have been some crazy things lol I am sure you will hear about it as I can't seem to stay focused in my writings. I am all over the place but trust me there is an underlying connection. I hope I am not the only one to see it.
Be blessed, stay blessed in Jesus' name.

7 comments:

Unveilinggold said...

nice!amen...Everyone have sinned and come shot of the glory of God.My dear the main thing is that u are God's arms now and thats all that matters..
:)my story is just like yours but am glad God showed up right on time b4 i lost it all:)

Anonymous said...

Amen...

God uses our weaknesses to prove his strength and to bring out OUR own strengths too.

doll (retired blogger) said...

nice salvation story...maybe i should share mine one of these days

beebee said...

Thank God for your salvation and continue to run the race with determination.I wish to follow your blog put it up there.Shalom!

Nikky said...

I'm happy for you...may God continually strengthen you by His Grace...the article is inspiring!

Unknown said...

Every one has a past but thank God for the new life in Christ. The christian walk is a journey,an ardous one by the world standard but in christ it is easy-pizzy.He has promised never to leave nor forsake us His children. I'm proud of you sis but like u said"it doesn't matter if others dont get as long as you get Him.

Rotimi O said...

Hi DaughteroftheLord,

I am a Nigerian based in Lagos and stumbled on your blog. I read your article titled "A Little Bit About My Past!" and thank God for your life because I can relate with it.

I would also like to introduce Discovery Series (good xtian e booklets) from www.rbc.org (The people that publish Our Daily bread. Shalom!!!