Thursday, April 3, 2008

Can you say bondage?

Why should we forgive?
I am a young christian just under 2 years-old in my walk. I am very determined and very hungry for God. I have been looking for people who share my passion which is to live for God in every sense of the way but I have been sadly disappointed. I have decided to create this blog for people out there like me who are feeling very differently from the rest of the christians of this world. Christians who are fighting complacency and mediocrity in their walk and who are willing to go the distance to get closer to God. I feel that good communication is lacking among Christians and we hardly if effectively communicate. I know of many stories of Christians disappointing one another through unmet and unrealistic expectations. Today I want to talk about Forgiveness or Unforgiveness.
I have made plans to visit a church this week-end that a couple of my friends used to attend. They left the church because of a deal gone wrong. They felt that their worth was not appreciated and that the people there were just not behaving as true christians. They ended up leaving the church but not leaving the hurt. When I tried to invite them to come along with me for the experience, I was met with ' No thanks, I will pass'. I thought that was odd. They used to love this church and could not stop raving about it. I thought that was so sad the way they reacted and somehow I feel very powerless about it. They are harboring this unforgiveness in their heart towards the people of the church and they are refusing to let them go. Unbeknownst of them, they are keeping these people hostage in their heart and are delaying God's work in their lives. A lot of us are now in this position where we have been hurt by brethren and we are unable to release this hurt out of our lives and sometimes we don't even know that it's there. The bible says that we are to walk in the Light. We need to ask the Holy Spirit to shine His light in our hearts and minds and repent from every evil doing in our lives that we are being convicted under. Holy Spirit teach us to set our eyes on Christ for only He died for our sins not a brother and not a sister from my congregation. Teach me to stop judging others and to begin to love them instead with the love of God.I pray that this blog finds you well and that after reading this you will check yourself again. Our Lord Jesus Christ is coming soon! As for me, I can not wait to be in church this Sunday to partake in the glory of our Lord in fellowship with the saints.
God Bless You

No comments: