Friday, April 4, 2008

On Love according to God, Agape

How is your love walk?
Sometimes even the best-hearted people can come across the wrong way. I had a situation where someone that I trusted, a man of God showed me his other(nasty, carnal) side. While I was busy complaining to God about him, the Holy Spirit whispered something in my ear. What were your intentions in this whole thing? We have to be very careful about our motives. The love of God is in our hearts by the action of the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5) so every born- again Christian should be walking in love, so why don't we? Why is it that I say I love my brethren yet I am always having issues with them? It's because I have not learned to walk in love. I have not learned to let this love flow out of me instead I have let the evil flow out of me and that is what others are getting from me.
The bible says that as much as it is possible for us we have to be at peace with everyone. We have to practice the love of God and learn to be guided by it. If we are guided by our selfish motives, things will not work the way we intend them to. We need to quit manipulating people and always getting them to do things to make us happy. The bible says that we should be imitators of Christ, Christ walked the earth reconciling men with God. Who are we reconciling today? We ourselves are not even reconciled with God and yet we are trying to be blessed. We also see the issue as coming from others but never from us. What role did we play in what went down? How could we have done things better? I tell you after this thing blew up in my face I have learned a major lesson. I want to examine the motives of my actions at all times. The bible says that the word of God is a divider of thoughts and hearts. I want to increase in my love walk. I really want to live my life pleasing God. I am going to renew my mind by the Word and confess it and act in love. In Ephesians 6:14 we are told to take up the whole armor of God. One of the weapons of our warfare is love. How many situations could we have avoided if we walked in love? How many hearts would not have been broken ourselves included if only we took a step back and we asked the Holy Spirit to lead us. Let us walk in faith, Let us walk by the spirit, let us walk in wisdom but before all, let us walk in Love.
1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

No comments: